What a "fridging" headache!


One of the things that really annoyed me about the Waldorf floor plan was not being able to extend the depth of the fridge space so that it took up more space underneath the stairs. This frustration is nothing against PD... because I'd rather have structurally solid stairs!

The challenge is therefore to find a fridge that fits the space. I am setting myself the followign maximum dimensions for the fridge...
  • Width of 850mm (i.e. 930mm plaster - 20mm skirting either side - 60mm "breathing space")
  • Depth of 700mm (i.e. 650 depth + 150mm into kitchen - 50mm for water tap)
  • Height of 1720mm (i.e. 1750mm cavity height - 30mm "breathing space")

The french-style fridges that I have found that meet these requirements are...





The top-mounted units that I found were...






Over on the Choice website there is an excellent guide that will help you to find out the right fridge for your scenario, because look and style are not everything (supposedly!)...


If you have a suggestion please leave it in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment